Match Reports

South Coast Flame traveled to the Central Coast for their Round 23 fixture and came away with a 1-0 win courtesy of a late strike deep into injury time from Michael Trajkovski.

It was Central Coast who had the first opportunity as early as the third minute when Michael Singh intercepted a pass in midfield. He played Cade Mapu through and he was brought down just outside the box by Yianni Fragogiannis earning himself a yellow card. The free kick from Jack Racken was fumbled by Jordan Bruce but he managed to regain it just in time.

On 10 minutes, Matthew Ingham intercepted a pass in midfield and linked with Singh and Mapu with ended with Singh slashing his shot across the face of goal from an acute angle.

Just two minutes later, Zayd Husain’s clearance was intercepted by Matt Mazevski. The ball fell to Jyden Harb who ran at the defence and then hooked his shot just across goal.

Half way through the first half, Central Coast had arguably their best chance of the match when Yuki Morikawa danced through the Flame defence. His was met and blocked by Bruce. The ball fell kindly to Alex Arbelo who from 12 yards out and just a defender of the line, skied his shot over the bar.

Just a minute later, Genki Iwata got in front of the defender after a long ball from Fragogiannis. He cut inside to his left foot and from ten yards looked for the near post however Husain managed to block the shot.

On 28 minutes, a failed clearance from the South Coast saw the ball fall kindly to Daniel McFarlane who let loose a low left foot shot from 20 yards. Bruce made a strong save to his right getting a firm hand to the ball and deflecting it for a corner.

On 32 minutes, a long ball from Central Coast found Mapu who held it up, he then squared to Ragen who blasted over from the edge of the box.

On 40 minutes, Arbelo sent a ball down the line for Singh who crossed deep to Ragen. His volley though flew over the bar as Central Coast peppered the Flame goal.

Just before half time, Singh took a shot from 25 yards that hit Jacob Poscoliero in the chest and wrong footed Bruce however it just bounced narrowly wide.

All square at the break with both sides having everything to play for.

On 54 minutes, Ingham tossed a ball over the top for Mapu to chase. He received the ball out wide, cut inside beating several defenders and from ten yards out, he blasted over the bar.

On 68 minutes, Flame were looking to push forward however they lost it in the last third and a quick ball over the top found Mapu who used his skill and pace to turn the defender and shot low, again, a good strong save from Bruce.

On 73 minutes, Flame sent a couple of dangerous balls into the box that were not dealt with well enough by the home side. One of those dropping to Yianni Perkatis who let fly a half volley from the edge of the box that was just inches wide.

As we moved into the final few minutes of normal time, the game started to get stretched. Substitute Xavier Williams did well to get a toe to a ball and send Mapu through who broke the off side trap. The Flame defence led by Poscoliero and as they had done all night scrambled well to diffuse the dangerous situation.

Two minutes into stoppage time, some good work from Flame saw the ball shifted to Namito Tsuchiya who’s cross went agonisingly across the face of goal.

A minute later, a great cross from Zander Alston found Trajkovski on the far post however his downward header just went the wrong side of the post as he was put under heavy pressure from the Central Coast defence.

Just as it looked like the game would end scoreless, Flame launched another raid on the left with Tsuchiya flicking the ball down the line for James Baldacchino who put in a delighful cross that found Trajkovski lurking in the goal area. He turned the ball in from just a few yards out to effectively pinch the points.

Flame would have been thrilled to keep a clean sheet and take all three points. This was the first time in the club’s playing history that they managed to get the points in Lisarow.



Comments are closed.